(1) The full name, occupation, business address, place of residence, and post office address of the applicant.
(2) A specification of every carrier of which the applicant holds stock, bonds, or notes, individually, as trustee, or otherwise; and the amount of, and accurate description of, such securities of each carrier for which the applicant seeks authority to act. (Whenever it is contemplated that the applicant will represent on the board of directors of any carrier securities other than those owned by the applicant, the application shall describe such securities, state the character of representation, the name of the beneficial owner or owners, and the general nature of the business conducted by such owner or owners.)
(3) Each and every position with any carrier:
(i) Which is held by the applicant at the time of the application; and
(ii) Which the applicant seeks authority to hold, together with the date and manner of his or her election or appointment thereto and, if the applicant has entered upon the performance of his duties in any such position, the nature of the duties so performed and the date when he first entered upon their performance. (A decision authorizing a person to hold the position of director of a carrier will be construed as sufficient to authorize that person to serve also as chairman of its board of directors or as a member or chairman of any committee or committees of such board; and, therefore, when authority is sought to hold the position of director, the applicant need not request authority to serve in any of such other capacities.)
(4) As to each carrier covered by the requested authorization, whether it is an operating carrier, a lessor company, or any other corporation organized for the purpose of engaging in rail transportation. (If any such carrier neither operates nor owns any railroad providing transportation that is subject to 49 U.S.C. 10501, the application shall include a copy of such carrier's charter or certificate or articles of incorporation, with amendments to date or, if already filed with the former Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) or with the STB, a reference thereto, with any intervening amendments.)
(5) A full statement of pertinent facts relative to any carrier involved which does not make annual reports to the STB.
(6) Full information as to the relationship—operating, financial, competitive, or otherwise—existing between the carriers covered by the requested authorization.
(7) Every corporation—industrial, financial, or miscellaneous—of which the applicant is an officer or director, and the general character of the business conducted by such corporation.
(8) The reasons, fully, why the granting of the authority sought will not affect adversely either public or private interests.
(9) Whether or not any other application for authority has been made in behalf of the applicant and, if so, the date and docket number thereof, by whom made, and the action thereon, if any.
(b) When application has been made on behalf of any person, a subsequent application by that person need not repeat any statement contained in the previous application but may incorporate the same by appropriate reference.
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.