49 CFR 1503.607 - Administrative law judges.
(2) Issue scheduling orders and other appropriate orders regarding discovery or other matters that come before him or her consistent with the rules of this subpart.
(8) Hold conferences to settle or to simplify the issues on his or her own motion or by consent of the parties.
(11) Strike unsigned documents unless omission of the signature is corrected promptly after being called to the attention of the attorney or party.
(12) Order payment of witness fees in accordance with § 1503.649.
(v) Decide issues involving the validity of a TSA regulation, order, or other requirement under the U.S. Constitution, the Administrative Procedure Act, or other law.
(2) If the ALJ imposes any sanction not specified in this subpart, a party may file an interlocutory appeal of right pursuant to § 1503.631(c)(3).
(3) This section does not preclude an ALJ from issuing an order that bars a person from a specific proceeding based on a finding of obstreperous or disruptive behavior in that specific proceeding.
(c) Disqualification. The ALJ may disqualify himself or herself at any time. A party may file a motion, pursuant to § 1503.629(f)(6), requesting that an ALJ be disqualified from the proceedings.
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.