49 CFR 1542.205 - Security of the security identification display area (SIDA).
(a) Each airport operator required to have a complete program under § 1542.103(a) must establish at least one SIDA, as follows:
(2) Each part of the air operations area that is regularly used to load cargo on, or unload cargo from, an aircraft that is operated under a full program or a full all-cargo program as provided in § 1544.101(a) or (h) of this chapter, or a foreign air carrier under a security program as provided in § 1546.101(a), (b), or (e), must be a SIDA.
(3) Each area on an airport where cargo is present after an aircraft operator operating under a full program or a full all-cargo program under § 1544.101(a) or (h) of this chapter, or a foreign air carrier operating under a security program under § 1546.101(a), (b), or (e) of this chapter, or an indirect air carrier, accepts it must be a SIDA. This includes areas such as: Cargo facilities; loading and unloading vehicle docks; and areas where an aircraft operator, foreign air carrier, or indirect air carrier sorts, stores, stages, consolidates, processes, screens, or transfers cargo.
(b) Each airport operator required to establish a SIDA must establish and carry out measures to prevent the unauthorized presence and movement of individuals in the SIDA and must do the following:
(1) Establish and carry out a personnel identification system described under § 1542.211.
(2) Subject each individual to a criminal history records check as described in § 1542.209 before authorizing unescorted access to the SIDA.
(3) Train each individual before granting unescorted access to the SIDA, as required in § 1542.213(b).
(c) An airport operator that is not required to have a complete program under § 1542.103(a) is not required to establish a SIDA under this section.
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.