49 CFR 1572.405 - Procedures for collection by TSA.
prev | next
This section describes the procedures that an individual, who applies to obtain or renew an HME for a CDL, must follow if a TSA agent collects and transmits the Information Collection Fee, Threat Assessment Fee, and FBI Fee.
(1) The following Information Collection Fee is required for a TSA agent to collect and transmit fingerprints and applicant information, in accordance with 49 CFR part 1572: $38.
(2) The following Threat Assessment Fee is required for TSA to conduct a security threat assessment, under 49 CFR part 1572, for an individual who applies to obtain or renew an HME: $34.
(3) The following FBI Fee is required for the FBI to process fingerprint identification records required under 49 CFR part 1572: The fee collected by the FBI under Pub. L. 101-515.
(4) An individual who applies to obtain or renew an HME, or the individual's employer, must remit to the TSA agent the Information Collection Fee, Threat Assessment Fee, and FBI Fee, in a form and manner approved by TSA, when the individual submits the application required under 49 CFR part 1572.
(b) Collection of fees. A TSA agent will collect the fees required under this section, when an individual submits an application to the TSA agent, in accordance with 49 CFR part 1572.
(1) Fees required under this section, which are remitted to a TSA agent, must be made in U.S. currency, drawn on a U.S. bank, and made payable to the “Transportation Security Administration.”
(2) Fees required under this section must be remitted by check, money order, wire, or any other payment method acceptable to TSA.
(4) Applications, submitted in accordance with 49 CFR part 1572, will be processed only upon receipt of all applicable fees under this section.
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.