49 CFR 1580.100 - Applicability.
prev | next
(1) Each freight railroad carrier that operates rolling equipment on track that is part of the general railroad system of transportation.
(4) Each freight railroad carrier hosting a passenger operation described in § 1580.1(a)(4) of this part.
(5) Each operator of private cars, including business/office cars and circus trains, on or connected to the general railroad system of transportation.
(1) A rail car containing more than 2,268 kg (5,000 lbs) of a Division 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 (explosive) material, as defined in 49 CFR 173.50;
(2) A tank car containing a material poisonous by inhalation as defined in 49 CFR 171.8, including anhydrous ammonia, Division 2.3 gases poisonous by inhalation as set forth in 49 CFR 173.115(c), and Division 6.1 liquids meeting the defining criteria in 49 CFR 173.132(a)(1)(iii) and assigned to hazard zone A or hazard zone B in accordance with 49 CFR 173.133(a), excluding residue quantities of these materials; and
(3) A rail car containing a highway route-controlled quantity of a Class 7 (radioactive) material, as defined in 49 CFR 173.403.
Title 49 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.