49 CFR 1580.101 - Rail security coordinator.
(1) Each freight railroad carrier that operates rolling equipment on track that is part of the general railroad system of transportation.
(4) Each freight railroad carrier hosting the passenger operations described in § 1580.1(a)(4) of this part.
(5) Each operator of private cars, including business/office cars and circus trains, on or connected to the general railroad system of transportation, when notified by TSA in writing, that a threat exists concerning that operation.
(b) Each person described in paragraph (a) of this section must designate and use a primary and at least one alternate Rail Security Coordinator (RSC).
(d) Each freight railroad carrier, rail hazardous materials shipper, and rail hazardous materials receiver required to have an RSC must provide to TSA the names, title, phone number(s), and e-mail address(es) of the RSCs and alternate RSCs, and must notify TSA within 7 calendar days when any of this information changes.
(e) Each freight railroad carrier, rail hazardous materials shipper, and rail hazardous materials receiver required to have an RSC must ensure that at least one RSC:
(1) Serves as the primary contact for intelligence information and security-related activities and communications with TSA. Any individual designated as an RSC may perform other duties in addition to those described in this section;
(3) Coordinates security practices and procedures with appropriate law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Title 49 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.