(a) Each manual record maintained under this part shall be—
(1) Signed by the employee whose time on duty is being recorded or, in the case of a train and engine crew or a signal employee gang, signed by the ranking crewmember;
(2) Retained for two years at locations identified by the carrier; and
(3) Available upon request at the identified location for inspection and copying by the Administrator during regular business hours.
(b) Each electronic record maintained under this part shall be—
(1) Certified by the employee whose time on duty is being recorded or, in the case of a train and engine crew or a signal employee gang, certified by the reporting employee who is a member of the train crew or signal gang whose time is being recorded;
(2) Electronically stamped with the certifying employee's name and the date and time of certification;
(3) Retained for 2 years in a secured file that prevents alteration after certification;
(4) Accessible by the Administrator through a computer terminal of the railroad, using a railroad-provided identification code and a unique password.
(5) Reproducible using the printing capability at the location where records are accessed.
[74 FR 25348, May 27, 2009]
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.