Additional information for Applicants not having a credit rating.
Each application submitted by Applicants not having a recent credit rating from one or more nationally recognized rating agencies shall include, in the order indicated and identified by applicable numbers and letters corresponding to those used in this section, the following information:
(a) A narrative statement detailing management's business plan to enhance Applicant's ability to provide rail services including a discussion of the following:
(1) Applicant's current and prospective traffic base, including by commodity and geographic region, major markets served, major interchange points, and market development plans;
(2) Applicant's current operating patterns, and plans, if any, to enhance its ability to serve its current and prospective traffic base;
(3) System-wide plans to maintain equipment and rights-of-way at current or improved levels; and
(4) Specific plans for rationalization of marginal or uneconomic services;
(b) Detailed financial information, including:
(1) Financial statements prepared by a Certified Public Accountant (audited, if available), for the four calendar years immediately preceding the date of filing of the application, including:
(i) A copy of Applicant's most recent year-end general balance sheet and a copy of Applicant's most recent unaudited general balance sheet; and
(ii) Applicant's most recent annual income statement and a spread sheet showing unaudited monthly and year-to-date income statement data up to the date the application is filed;
(2) Projected financial statements, including spread sheets showing for each of the four years subsequent to the year in which the application is filed, both before and after giving effect to the proceeds of the assistance requested in the application:
(i) Forecasted annual income statement;
(ii) Forecasted year-end balance sheets. These spread sheets shall be accompanied by a statement setting forth the bases for such forecasts; and
(iii) A spread sheet showing changes in financial position for the year in which the application is filed, including the period ending on the date of the application based upon actual data and the period from the date of the application to the end of the year, based upon estimated and forecasted data;
(c) Capital spending plans for the next five years;
(d) Cash flow projections;
(e) Contingency plans for termination of the project before completion, if necessary; and
(f) A narrative description of Applicant's management team, including:
(1) Rail experience of top management;
(2) Management's plans for achieving growth and its long-term capital spending plan; and
(3) A narrative description of Applicant's workforce and the historical rate of employee turnover.
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.