§ 371.115Must I maintain agreements with motor carriers before providing written estimates on behalf of these carriers?
(a) In order to provide estimates of charges for the transportation of household goods, you must do so in accordance with the written agreement required by § 375.409 of this subchapter. Your written agreement with the motor carrier(s) must include the following items:
(1) Your broker name as shown on your FMCSA registration, your physical address, and your U.S. DOT registration number and MC license number;
(2) The authorized motor carrier's name as shown on its FMCSA registration, its physical address, and its U.S. DOT registration number and MC license number;
(3) A concise, easy to understand statement that your written estimate to the individual shipper:
(i) Will be exclusively on behalf of the authorized household goods motor carrier;
(ii) Will be based on the authorized household goods motor carrier's published tariff; and
(iii) Will serve as the authorized household goods motor carrier's estimate for purposes of complying with the requirements of part 375 of this chapter, including the requirement that the authorized household goods motor carrier relinquishes possession of the shipment upon payment of no more than 110 percent of a non-binding estimate at the time of delivery;
(4) Your owner's, corporate officer's, or corporate director's signature lawfully representing your household goods broker operation and the date;
(5) The signature of the authorized household goods motor carrier's owner, corporate officer, or corporate director lawfully representing the household goods motor carrier's operation and the date; and
(b) The signed written agreement required by this section is public information and you must produce it for review upon reasonable request by a member of the public.
(c) You must keep copies of the agreements required by this section for as long as you provide estimates on behalf of the authorized household goods motor carrier and for three years thereafter.
Title 49 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.