An applicant for the passenger endorsement must satisfy both of the following additional knowledge and skills test requirements.
(a) Knowledge test. All applicants for the passenger endorsement must have knowledge covering the following topics:
(1) Proper procedures for loading/unloading passengers;
(2) Proper use of emergency exits, including push-out windows;
(3) Proper responses to such emergency situations as fires and unruly passengers;
(4) Proper procedures at railroad-highway grade crossings and drawbridges;
(5) Proper braking procedures; and
(6) Operating practices and procedures not otherwise specified.
(b) Skills test. To obtain a passenger endorsement applicable to a specific vehicle class, an applicant must take his/her skills test in a passenger vehicle satisfying the requirements of that vehicle group as defined in § 383.91.
[76 FR 26890, May 9, 2011]
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 49.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.