49 CFR 383.77 - Substitute for driving skills tests for drivers with military CMV experience.
At the discretion of a State, the driving skills test as specified in § 383.113 may be waived for a CMV driver with military CMV experience who is currently licensed at the time of his/her application for a CDL, and substituted with an applicant's driving record in combination with certain driving experience. The State shall impose conditions and limitations to restrict the applicants from whom a State may accept alternative requirements for the skills test described in § 383.113. Such conditions must require at least the following:
(a) An applicant must certify that, during the two-year period immediately prior to applying for a CDL, he/she:
(3) Has not had any convictions for any type of motor vehicle for the disqualifying offenses contained in § 383.51(b);
(4) Has not had more than one conviction for any type of motor vehicle for serious traffic violations contained in § 383.51(c); and
(5) Has not had had any conviction for a violation of military, State or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control (other than a parking violation) arising in connection with any traffic accident, and has no record of an accident in which he/she was at fault; and
(1) Is regularly employed or was regularly employed within the last 90 days in a military position requiring operation of a CMV;
(2) Was exempted from the CDL requirements in § 383.3(c); and
(3) Was operating a vehicle representative of the CMV the driver applicant operates or expects to operate, for at least the 2 years immediately preceding discharge from the military.
[76 FR 26887, May 9, 2011]
Title 49 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.