The Administrator is delegated authority by the Secretary of Transportation ( 49 CFR 1.50) to:
(a) Carry out the following chapters or sections of Title 49 of the United States Code:
(1) Chapter 301—Motor Vehicle Safety.
(2) Chapter 303—National Driver Register.
(3) Chapter 305—National Automobile Title Information System.
(4) Chapter 321—General.
(5) Chapter 323—Consumer Information.
(6) Chapter 325—Bumper Standards.
(7) Chapter 327—Odometers.
(8) Chapter 329—Automobile Fuel Economy.
(9) Chapter 331—Theft Prevention.
(10) Section 20134(a), with respect to the laws administered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administrator pertaining to highway, traffic and motor vehicle safety.
(b) Carry out 23 U.S.C. chapter 4, HIGHWAY SAFETY, as amended, except for section 409 and activities relating to highway design, construction and maintenance, traffic control devices, identification and surveillance of accident locations, and highway-related aspects of pedestrian and bicycle safety.
(c) Exercise the authority vested in the Secretary by section 210(2) of the Clean Air Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 7544(2) ).