(a) For each current model year, each manufacturer shall submit a pre-model year report, a mid-model year report, and, as required by § 537.8, supplementary reports.
(b) (1) The pre-model year report required by this part for each current model year must be submitted during the month of December (e.g., the pre-model year report for the 1983 model year must be submitted during December, 1982).
(2) The mid-model year report required by this part for each current model year must be submitted during the month of July (e.g., the mid-model year report for the 1983 model year must be submitted during July 1983).
(3) Each supplementary report must be submitted in accordance with § 537.8(c).
(c) Each report required by this part must:
(1) Identify the report as a pre-model year report, mid-model year report, or supplementary report as appropriate;
(2) Identify the manufacturer submitting the report;
(3) State the full name, title, and address of the official responsible for preparing the report;
(4) Be submitted in 5 copies to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590, or submitted electronically to the following secure e-mail address: email@example.com. Electronic submissions should be provided in a pdf format.
(5) Identify the current model year;
(6) Be written in the English language; and
(7) (i) Specify any part of the information or data in the report that the manufacturer believes should be withheld from public disclosure as trade secret or other confidential business information.
(ii) With respect to each item of information or data requested by the manufacturer to be withheld under 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(4) and 15 U.S.C. 2005(d)(1), the manufacturer shall:
(A) Show that the item is within the scope of sections 552(b)(4) and 2005(d)(1) ;
(B) Show that disclosure of the item would result in significant competitive damage;
(C) Specify the period during which the item must be withheld to avoid that damage; and
(D) Show that earlier disclosure would result in that damage.
(d) Each report required by this part must be based upon all information and data available to the manufacturer 30 days before the report is submitted to the Administrator.
[47 FR 34986, Aug. 12, 1982, as amended at 75 FR 25728, May 7, 2010]
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 49.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.