49 CFR 583.10 - Outside suppliers of passenger motor vehicle equipment.
(a) For each unique type of passenger motor vehicle equipment for which a manufacturer or allied supplier requests information, the outside supplier shall provide the manufacturer/allied supplier with a certificate providing the following information:
(4) A statement that the equipment has, or does not have, at least 70 percent of its value added in the United States and Canada, determined under § 583.6(c);
(5) For equipment which has less than 70 percent of its value added in the United States and Canada,
(i) The country of origin of the equipment, determined under § 583.7(c); and
(ii) The percent of its value added in the United States and Canada, to the nearest 5 percent, determined under § 583.6(c).
(6) For equipment that may be used in an engine or transmission, the country of origin of the equipment, determined under § 583.8(c);
(7) A certification for the information, pursuant to § 583.13, and the date (at least giving the month and year) of the certification.
(b) The information and certification required by paragraph (a) of this section shall be provided to the manufacturer or allied supplier no later than 45 days after receipt of the request, or the date specified by the manufacturer/allied supplier, whichever is later. (A manufacturer or allied supplier may request that the outside supplier voluntarily provide the information and certification at an earlier date.)
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (c)(2) of this section, the information provided in the certificate shall be the supplier's best estimates of price, content, and country of origin for the unique type of equipment expected to be supplied during the 12 month period beginning on the first July 1 after receipt of the request. If the unique type of equipment supplied by the supplier is expected to vary with respect to price, content, and country of origin during that period, the supplier shall base its estimates on expected averages for these factors.
(2) The 12 month period specified in (c)(1) may be varied in time and length by the manufacturer or allied supplier if it determines that the alteration is not likely to result in less accurate information being provided to consumers on the label required by this part.
(d) For outside suppliers of engines and transmissions, the information and certification required by this section is in addition to that required by § 583.12.
[59 FR 37330, July 21, 1994, as amended at 64 FR 40781, July 28, 1999]
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.