49 CFR 611.1 - Purpose and contents.
prev | next
(a) This part prescribes the process that applicants must follow to be considered eligible for capital investment grants and loans for new fixed guideway systems or extensions to existing systems (“new starts”). Also, this part prescribes the procedures used by FTA to evaluate proposed new starts projects as required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(e), and the scheduling of project reviews required by 49 U.S.C. 5328(a).
(b) This part defines how the results of the evaluation described in paragraph (a) of this section will be used to:
(1) Approve entry into preliminary engineering and final design, as required by 49 U.S.C. 309(e)(6);
(2) Rate projects as “highly recommended,” “recommended,” or “not recommended,” as required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(e)(6);
(3) Assign individual ratings for each of the project justification criteria specified in 49 U.S.C. 5309(e)(1)(B) and (C);
(4) Determine project eligibility for Federal funding commitments, in the form of Full Funding Grant Agreements;
(5) Support funding recommendations for this program for the Administration's annual budget request; and
(6) Fulfill the reporting requirements under 49 U.S.C. 5309(o)(1), Funding Levels and Allocations of Funds, Annual Report, and 5309(o)(2), Supplemental Report on New Starts.
(c) The information collected and ratings developed under this part will form the basis for the annual reports to Congress, required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(o)(1) and (2).
Title 49 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.