(a) This part applies to all proposals for Federal capital investment funds under 49 U.S.C. 5309 for new transit fixed guideway systems and extensions to existing systems.
(b) Projects described in paragraph (a) of this section are not subject to evaluation under this part if the total amount of funding from 49 U.S.C. 5309 will be less than $25 million, or if such projects are otherwise exempt from evaluation by statute.
(1) Exempt projects must still be rated by FTA for purposes of entering into a Federal funding commitment as required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(e)(7). Sponsors who believe their projects to be exempt are nonetheless strongly encouraged to submit data for project evaluation as described in this part.
(2) Such projects are still subject to the requirements of 23 CFR part 450 and 23 CFR part 771.
(3) This part does not apply to projects for which a Full Funding Grant Agreement (FFGA) has already been executed.
(c) Consistent with 49 U.S.C. 5309(e)(8)(B), FTA will make project approval decisions on proposed projects using expedited procedures as appropriate, for proposed projects that are:
(1) Located in a nonattainment area;
(2) Transportation control measures as defined by the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401et seq. ); and
(3) Required to carry out a State Implementation Plan.
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 49.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.