(a) OMB may, after complying with the notice and comment procedures of the Administrative Procedure Act, delegate OMB review of some or all of an agency's collections of information to the Senior Official, or to the agency head with respect to those components of the agency for which he or she has not delegated authority.
(b) No delegation of review authority shall be made unless the agency demonstrates to OMB that the Senior Official or agency head to whom the authority would be delegate:
(1) Is sufficiently independent of program responsibility to evaluate fairly whether proposed collections of information should be approved;
(2) Has sufficient resources to carry out this responsibility effectively; and
(3) Has established an agency review process that demonstrates the prompt, efficient, and effective performance of collection of information review responsibilities.
(c) OMB may limit, condition, or rescind, in whole or in part, at any time, such delegations of authority, and reserves the right to review any individual collection of information, or part thereof, conducted or sponsored by an agency, at any time.
(d) Subject to the provisions of this part, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of each delegation as specified in appendix A to this part, OMB delegates review and approval authority to the following agencies:
(1) Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; and
(2) Managing Director of the Federal Communications Commission.
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.