(a) The Board will provide a certification to the paying agency in all cases in which:
(1) The hearing official determines that a debt exists;
(2) The employee admits the existence and amount of the debt by failing to request a hearing; or
(3) The employee admits the existence of the debt by failing to appear at a hearing.
(b) The certification must be in writing and must include:
(1) A statement that the employee owes the debt;
(2) The amount and basis of the debt;
(3) The date the Board's right to collect the debt first accrued;
(4) A statement that the Board's regulations have been approved by the Office of Personnel Management under 5 CFR part 550, subpart K;
(5) The amount and date of the collection, if only a one-time offset is required;
(6) If the collection is to be made in installments, the number of installments to be collected, the amount of each installment, and the date of the first installment, if a date other than the next officially established pay period is required; and
(7) Information regarding the completion of procedures required by 5 U.S.C. 5514, including the dates of notices and hearings provided to the employee, or, if applicable, the employee's signed consent to salary offset or a signed statement acknowledging receipt of required procedures.
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.