(a) Requests for records about an individual made by person other than that individual shall also be directed as follows:
(1) If the system of records is located in a regional office of the Authority, it should be made to the appropriate Regional Director; and
(2) If the system of records is located in the offices of the Authority, the General Counsel or the Panel in Washington, DC, it should be made to the Director of Administration of the Authority, Washington, DC.
(b) Such records shall only be made available to persons other than that individual in the following circumstances:
(1) To any person with the prior written consent of the individual about whom the records are maintained;
(2) To officers and employees of the Authority, the General Counsel and the Panel who need the records in the performance of their official duties;
(3) For a routine use compatible with the purpose for which it was collected;
(4) To any person to whom disclosure is required by the Freedom of Information Act, as amended, 5 U.S.C. 552 ;
(5) To the Bureau of the Census for uses pursuant to title 13 of the United States Code;
(6) In a form not individually identifiable to a recipient who has provided the Authority, the General Counsel and the Panel with adequate assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record;
(7) To the National Archives of the United States or other appropriate entity as a record which has historical or other value warranting its preservation;
(8) To another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity that is authorized by law if the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a written request for the record to the Authority, the General Counsel or the Panel;
(9) To a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual, provided that notification of such a disclosure shall be immediately mailed to the last known address of the individual;
(10) To either House of Congress or to any committee thereof with appropriate jurisdiction;
(11) To the Comptroller General in the performance of the official duties of the General Accounting Office; or
(12) Pursuant to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(c) The request shall be in writing and should be clearly and prominently identified as a Privacy Act request and, if submitted by mail or otherwise submitted in an envelope or other cover, should bear the legend “Privacy Act Request” on the envelope or other cover. If a request does not comply with the provisions of this paragraph, it shall not be deemed received until the time it is actually received by the appropriate Regional Director or the Director of Administration of the Authority, as appropriate.
[45 FR 3491, Jan. 17, 1980, as amended at 51 FR 33837, Sept. 23, 1986]
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.