(a) Conditions or restrictions may be imposed on the testimony of employees including, for example:
(1) Limiting the areas of testimony;
(2) Requiring the requester and other parties to the legal proceeding to agree that the transcript of the testimony will be kept under seal;
(3) Requiring that the transcript will be used or made available only in the particular legal proceeding for which testimony was requested. The requester may also be required to provide a copy of the transcript of testimony at the requester's expense.
(b) The employee's written declaration may be provided in lieu of testimony.
(c) If authorized to testify pursuant to this part, an employee may testify as to facts within his or her personal knowledge, but, unless specifically authorized to do so by the Chairman or the Chairman's designee, the employee shall not:
(1) Disclose confidential or privileged information; or
(2) For a current employee, testify as an expert or opinion witness with regard to any matter arising out of the employee's official duties or the functions of the FLRA unless testimony is being given on behalf of the United States (see also 5 CFR 2635.805 ).
(d) The scheduling of an employee's testimony, including the amount of time that the employee will be made available for testimony, will be subject to the approval of the Chairman or the Chairman's designee.
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.