5 CFR 2504.10 - Access of others to records about an individual.
(a) No official or employee of the Office shall disclose any record to any person or to another agency without the express written consent of the subject individual, unless the disclosure is:
(1) To officers or employees of the Office who need the information to perform their official duties;
(5) To a person or agency who has given the Office advance written notice of the purpose of the request and certification that the record will be used only for statistical purposes. (In addition to deleting personal identifying information from records released for statistical purposes, the Privacy Act Officer shall ensure that the identity of the individual cannot reasonably be deduced by combining various statistical records);
(6) To the National Archives of the United States if a record has sufficient historical or other value to be preserved by the United States Government, or to the Privacy Act Officer (or a designee) to determine whether the record has that value;
(7) In response to written request, that identifies the record and the purpose of the request, made by another agency or instrumentality of any Government jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for civil or criminal law enforcement activity, if that activity is authorized by law;
(8) To a person who, showing compelling circumstances, needs the information to prevent harm to the health or safety of an individual, but not necessarily the individual to whom the record pertains (upon such disclosure, a notification shall be sent to the last known address of the subject individual);
(9) To either House of Congress, or to a Congressional committee or subcommittee if the subject matter is within its jurisdiction;
(10) To the Comptroller General, or an authorized representative, to carry out the duties of the General Accounting Office;
[45 FR 41121, June 18, 1980, as amended at 49 FR 28235, July 11, 1984]
Title 5 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.