(a) The Office or agency will maintain a record of disclosures in cases where records about the individual are disclosed from an Office system of records except—
(1) When the disclosure is made pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. 552 ); or
(2) When the disclosure is made to those officers and employees of the Office or agency who have a need for the record in the performance of their duties.
(b) This accounting of the disclosures will be retained for at least 5 years or for the life of the record, whichever is longer, and will contain the following information:
(1) A brief description of the record disclosed;
(2) The date, nature, and purpose for the disclosure; and
(3) The name and address of the purpose, agency, or other entity to whom the disclosure is made.
(c) Except for the accounting of disclosure made to agencies, individuals, or entities in law enforcement activities or disclosures made from the Office's exempt systems of records, the accounting of disclosures will be made available to the data subject upon request in accordance with the access procedures of this part.