Notice of eligibility for reemployment and other placement assistance.
(a) An employee who receives a specific notice of separation under this part must be given information concerning the right to reemployment consideration and career transition assistance under subparts B (Reemployment Priority List), F, and G (Career Transition Assistance Programs) of part 330 of this chapter. The employee must also be given a release to authorize, at his or her option, the release of his or her resume and other relevant employment information for employment referral to the State unit or entity established under title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and potential public or private sector employers. The employee must also be given information concerning how to apply both for unemployment insurance through the appropriate State program and benefits available under the State's Workforce Investment Act of 1998 programs, and an estimate of severance pay (if eligible).
(b) When 50 or more employees in a competitive area receive separation notices under this part, the agency must provide written notification of the action, at the same time it issues specific notices of separation to employees, to:
(1) The State or the entity designated by the State to carry out rapid response activities under title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998;
(2) The chief elected official of local government(s) within which these separations will occur; and
(c) The notice required by paragraph (b) of this section must include:
(1) The number of employees to be separated from the agency by reduction in force (broken down by geographic area or other basis specified by OPM);
(2) The effective date of the separations; and
(3) Any other information specified by OPM, including information needs identified from consultation between OPM and the Department of Labor to facilitate delivery of placement and related services.