(a) Employees eligible. The following employees in the executive branch of the Government are eligible to be granted reemployment rights when they are hired by another executive agency without break in service of a full workday by transfer or reinstatement, or by excepted appointment, in a position which the agency is currently authorized to fill with reemployment rights:
(1) An employee serving in a competitive position under a career or career-conditional appointment;
(2) An employee serving under a career appointment in the Senior Executive Service (SES); or
(3) A nontemporary excepted employee.
(b) Employees not eligible. The following employees are not eligible to be granted reemployment rights:
(1) An employee who is serving a probationary or trial period under an appointment to a position in the excepted or competitive service or the SES.
(2) An employee serving in an obligated position;
(3) An employee serving with reemployment rights granted under this subpart;
(4) An employee who has received a notice of involuntary separation because of reduction in force or otherwise; or
(5) An employee who has already submitted a resignation.
[33 FR 12433, Sept. 4, 1968, as amended at 51 FR 25187, July 11, 1986]
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.