5 CFR 352.805 - Position to which entitled on reemployment.
(1) On reemployment, an employee is entitled to be appointed to a position in the employee's former or successor agency in the following order:
(A) If that position has been identified for transfer to a different agency, reemployment rights must be exercised with the gaining agency.
(B) If that position has been reclassified, the employee should be placed in the reclassified position;
(iii) Another position for which otherwise qualified at the same grade or level and in the same competitive area.
(2) The employing agency determines under paragraph (a)(1) of this section the position to which the employee is entitled. Reduction-in-force procedures shall be applied when necessary in determining the position to which the employee has a right. In applying reduction-in-force procedures, the applicant shall be considered an employee of the agency.
(3) Extending the area. Responsibility for reemploying an applicant is agencywide. If the applicant is not placed under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, the agency must extend reemployment rights, based on the agency's need, for assignment outside the competitive area. The employee is entitled to a position, for which qualified and eligible, at the same grade or level as the position last held in the agency. Where necessary, reduction-in-force procedures shall be applied in determining the position to which the employee has a right. The applicant shall be considered an employee for the purpose of applying the reduction-in-force procedures.
(b) Employee option. Before the competitive area is extended under paragraph (a)(3) of this section, an employee who cannot be placed under paragraph (a)(1) of this section in the same competitive area at the grade or level as the position last held, is entitled, if the employee elects, to reemployment in a position at a lower grade or level identified under the same conditions and procedures as paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(c) Agency option. At any stage in the process, the agency has the option to satisfy the employee's right to reemployment by offering a vacant position which, under reduction-in-force regulations, is in accord with the employee's rights. Also, with the employee's consent, right to reemployment can be met by placement in a vacant position, for which the employee is qualified according to agency determination and need, outside the organizational or geographic area of entitlement, either at the appropriate grade or at a grade other than the one to which entitled.
(1) On reemployment, an employee (who meets the requirements to § 352.803(c)(3)) is entitled to be given a career appointment in the Senior Executive Service the employee's former or successor agency.
(2) The employee may be assigned to any position in the Senior Executive Service for which he/she meets the qualifications requirements.
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.