This subpart covers only eligible employees transferred or detailed to Commission positions with duty stations in the Republic of Panama.
(a) Employees eligible. Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, an employee serving in a position in an agency under any of the following appointments may be granted rights under this subpart:
(1) Career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service;
(2) An appointment without a specific time limit in the excepted service; or
(3) A career appointment in the Senior Executive Service.
(b) Employee not eligible. The following employees are not eligible under this subpart:
(1) An employee who is serving a trial period or probationary period under an initial appointment;
(2) An employee who has received a proposed notice of involuntary separation (e.g., separation based on reduction in force, adverse action, or performance);
(3) An employee who is serving in a position excepted from the competitive service under Schedule C of part 213 of this chapter, or under Presedential appointment; or
(4) An employee whose resignation has been accepted for reasons other than to accept employment with the Commission.
[50 FR 13963, Apr. 9, 1985, as amended at 57 FR 10125, Mar. 24, 1992]
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.