(a) The Office, upon a request which identifies the individual from whose file the information is sought, shall disclose the following information from an appeal file to a member of the public, except when the disclosure would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy:
(1) Confirmation of the name of the individual from whose file the information is sought and the names of the other parties concerned;
(2) The status of the appeal;
(3) The results of the appeal (i.e., proper title, pay plan, series, and grade);
(4) The classification requested (i.e., title, pay plan, series, and grade); and
(5) With the consent of the parties concerned, other reasonably identified information from the file.
(b) The Office will disclose to the parties concerned, the information contained in an appeal file in proceedings under this part, except when the disclosure would violate the proscription against the disclosure of medical information in § 297.205 of this chapter. For the purposes of this section, “the parties concerned” means the Government employee or former Government employee involved in the proceedings, his or her representative designated in writing, and the representative of the agency or the Office involved in the proceeding.
[50 FR 3313, Jan. 24, 1985, as amended at 54 FR 18879, May 3, 1989. Redesignated and amended at 70 FR 31310, May 31, 2005]
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.