(a) Under procedures established by the leave recipient's employing agency, any transferred annual leave remaining to the credit of a leave recipient when the medical emergency terminates shall be restored, as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section and to the extent administratively feasible, by transfer to the annual leave accounts of leave donors who, on the date leave restoration is made, are employed by a Federal agency and subject to chapter 63 of title 5, United States Code.
(b) The amount of unused transferred annual leave to be restored to each leave donor shall be determined as follows:
(1) Divide the number of hours of unused transferred annual leave by the total number of hours of annual leave transferred to the leave recipient;
(2) Multiply the ratio obtained in paragraph (b)(1) of this section by the number of hours of annual leave transferred by each leave donor eligible for restoration under paragraph (a) of this section; and
(3) Round the result obtained in paragraph (b)(2) of this section to the nearest increment of time established by the leave donor's employing agency to account for annual leave.
(c) If the total number of eligible leave donors exceeds the total number of hours of annual leave to be restored, no unused transferred annual leave shall be restored. In no case shall the amount of annual leave restored to a leave donor exceed the amount transferred to the leave recipient by the leave donor.
(d) If the leave donor retires from Federal service, dies, or is otherwise separated from Federal service before the date unused transferred annual leave can be restored, the employing agency of the leave recipient shall not restore the unused transferred annual leave.
(e) At the election of the leave donor, unused transferred annual leave restored to the leave donor under paragraph (a) of this section may be restored by—
(1) Crediting the restored annual leave to the leave donor's annual leave account in the current leave year;
(2) Crediting the restored annual leave to the leave donor's annual leave account effective as of the first day of the first leave year beginning after the date of election; or
(3) Donating such leave in whole or part to another leave recipient.
(f) If a leave donor elects to donate only part of his or her restored leave to another leave recipient under paragraph (e)(3) of this section, the donor may elect to have the remaining leave credited to the leave donor's annual leave account under paragraph (e)(1) or (e)(2) of this section.
(g) Transferred annual leave restored to the account of a leave donor under paragraph (e) (1) or (2) of this section shall be subject to the limitation imposed by 5 U.S.C. 6304(a) at the end of the leave year in which the restored leave is credited to the leave donor's annual leave account.
(h) If a leave recipient elects to buy back annual leave as a result of claim for an employment-related injury approved by the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs under 20 CFR 10.202 and 10.310, and the annual leave was leave transferred under § 630.906, the amount of annual leave bought back by the leave recipient shall be restored to the leave donor(s).
[59 FR 67125, Dec. 29, 1994, as amended at 61 FR 64451, Dec. 5, 1996]
Title 5 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.