5 CFR 838.221 - Application requirements.
prev | next
(a) A former spouse (personally or through a representative) must apply in writing to be eligible for a court-awarded portion of an employee annuity. No special form is required.
(1) A certified copy of the court order acceptable for processing that is directed at employee annuity;
(2) A certification from the former spouse or the former spouse's representative that the court order is currently in force and has not been amended, superseded, or set aside;
(3) Information sufficient for OPM to identify the employee or retiree, such as his or her full name, CSRS or FERS claim number, date of birth, and social security number;
(5) If the employee has not retired under CSRS or FERS or died, the mailing address of the employee.
(1) When court-ordered payments are subject to termination (under the terms of the court order) if the former spouse remarries, no payment will be made until the former spouse submits to OPM a statement in the form prescribed by OPM certifying—
(ii) That the former spouse will notify OPM within 15 calendar days of the occurrence of any remarriage; and
(iii) That the former spouse will be personally liable for any overpayment to him or her resulting from a remarriage.
Title 5 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.