(1) The procedures that employees. separated employees, retirees, and survivors must follow in applying for benefits under FERS;
(2) The procedures that OPM will generally follow in determining eligibility for benefits under FERS;
(3) The appeal rights available to claimants adversely affected by OPM decisions under FERS; and
(4) The special rules for processing competing claimant cases under FERS.
(b) This subpart does not apply to processing—
(1) Forfeiture of annuity for conviction of certain criminal offenses relating to national security under subchapter II of chapter 83 of title 5, United States Code (processed under subpart K of part 831 of this chapter );
(2) Court orders affecting FERS benefits (processed under subpart I of this part); or