The annuity of an employee or Member retiring under § 842.204(a)(1) or § 842.212(b) is reduced by five-twelfths of 1 percent for each full month by which the commencing date of annuity precedes the 62nd birthday of the employee or Member, unless the individual—
(a) Has completed 30 years of service; or
(1) Has completed 20 years of service; and
(2) Is at least age 60 on the commencing date of annuity; or
(c) Has completed 20 years of service as—
(1) An air traffic controller, except one separated by removal for cause on charges of misconduct or delinquency;
(2) A firefighter and/or law enforcement officer, except one separated by removal for cause on charges of misconduct of delinquency; or
(3) A Member, except one separated by resignation or expulsion.
Title 5 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 5.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.