5 CFR 842.503 - Eligibility for annuity supplement.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, an employee or Member receiving an annuity under any of the following sections is entitled to receive an annuity supplement:
(1) Section 842.204(a)(1) if the employee or Member has completed at least 30 years of service;
(2) Section 842.204(a)(2) governing retirement at age 60 with 20 years of service;
(3) Section 842.205 governing retirement at age 50 with 20 years of service or at any age during a major reorganization or reduction in force;
(4) Section 842.206 governing discontinued service retirement;
(5) Section 842.07 governing early retirement for air traffic controllers;
(6) Section 842.208 governing early retirement for law enforcement officers;
(7) Section 842.209 governing early retirement for Members of Congress;
(8) Section 842.210 governing early retirement for military reserve technicians; or
(9) Section 842.211 governing early retirement for members of the Senior Executive Service.
(b) An employee or Member who retires under any of the following sections before attaining the minimum retirement age is not entitled to receive an annuity supplement until he or she attains that age:
(1) Section 842.205;
(2) Section 842.206;
(3) Section 842.209; or
(4) Section 842.211, except that an individual entitled to an annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8414(a) for failure to be recertified as a senior executive shall be entitled to an annuity supplement without regard to the minimum retirement age.
(2) The last day of the month before the first month for which the individual would, upon proper application, be entitled to social security benefits.
[52 FR 4479, Feb. 11, 1987, as amended at 56 FR 173, Jan. 3, 1991]
Title 5 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.