Use by the Service or transfer to another government agency for official use.
(a) Wildlife and plants may be used by the Service or transferred to another government agency (including foreign agencies) for official use including, but not limited to, one or more of the following purposes:
(1) Training government officials to perform their official duties;
(2) Identifying protected wildlife or plants, including forensic identification or research;
(3) Educating the public concerning the conservation of wildlife or plants;
(4) Conducting law enforcement operations in performance of official duties;
(5) Enhancing the propagation or survival of a species or other scientific purposes;
(6) Presenting as evidence in a legal proceeding involving the wildlife or plant; or
(7) Returning to the wild in accordance with § 12.34 of this part.
(b) Each transfer and the terms of the transfer must be documented.
(c) The agency receiving the wildlife or plants may be required to bear all costs of care, storage, and transportation in connection with the transfer from the date of seizure to the date of delivery.
Title 50 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.