50 CFR 14.31 - Permits to import or export wildlife at nondesignated port for scientific purposes.
prev | next
(a) General. The Director may, upon receipt of an application submitted in accordance with the provisions of this section and §§ 13.11 and 13.12 of this subchapter, and in accordance with the issuance criteria of this section, issue a permit authorizing importation or exportation of wildlife for scientific purposes at one or more named Customs port(s) of entry not otherwise authorized by subpart B. Such permits may authorize a single importation or exportation, a series of importations or exportations, or importation or exportation during a specified period of time.
(b) Application procedure. Applications for permits to import or export wildlife at a nondesignated port for scientific purposes must be submitted to the Director. Each application must contain the general information and certification required by § 13.12(a) of this subchapter, plus the following additional information:
(2) The number and kinds of wildlife described by scientific and common names to be imported or exported where such number and kinds can be determined;
(3) The country or place in which the wildlife was removed from the wild (if known), or where born in captivity;
(4) The port(s) of entry where importation or exportation is requested, and the reasons why importation or exportation should be allowed at the requested port(s) of entry rather than at a designated port; and
(5) A statement as to whether the exception is being requested for a single shipment, a series of shipments, or shipments over a specified period of time and the date(s) involved.
(c) Additional permit conditions. In addition to the general conditions set forth in part 13 of this subchapter B, permits to import or export wildlife at a nondesignated port issued under this section are subject to the following condition: Permittee shall file such reports as specified on the permit, if any.
(d) Issuance criteria. The Director shall consider the following in determining whether to issue a permit under this section:
(1) Benefit to a bona fide scientific research project, other scientific purpose, or facilitation of the exchange of preserved museum specimens;
Title 50 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.