50 CFR 270.11 - Responsibilities of NMFS.
(a) In addition to the duties prescribed under 16 U.S.C. 4009, NMFS will:
(1) Participate in Council meetings and review, for consistency with the provisions of 50 CFR part 270 and other applicable law, and approve or disapprove, marketing and promotion plans and budgets within 60 days after their submission by a Council;
(2) Immediately notify a Council in writing of the disapproval of a marketing and promotion plan or budget, together with reasons for such disapproval;
(3) Issue orders and amendments to such orders that are necessary to implement quality standards under § 270.15;
(6) Make all appointments to Councils in accordance with § 270.8 and the approved Council charter;
(8) Implement the provisions of 16 U.S.C. 4001 et seq. in accordance with the available financial and management resources NMFS determines can be utilized.
(b) NMFS may provide, on a reimbursable or other basis, such administrative or technical assistance as a Council may request for purposes of the initial organization and subsequent operation of the Council. However, a Council is responsible for the cost of preparing and submitting information (e.g., reports, evaluation data, etc.) requested by NMFS.
Title 50 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.