50 CFR 600.1405 - Angler registration.
(a) Effective January 1, 2010, the requirements of this section apply to any person who does any of the following:
(b) No person may engage in the activities listed in paragraph (a) of this section unless that person:
(1) Has registered annually with NMFS in accordance with § 600.1410 of this part;
(3) Is a resident of an exempted state, but is not required to hold a fishing license, or to be registered to fish, under the laws of that state;
(4) Holds a permit issued by NMFS for for-hire fishing under 50 CFR 622.4(a)(1), 635.4(b), 648.4(a), or 660.707(a)(1);
(6) Is angling aboard a for-hire fishing vessel that is in compliance with NMFS and state for-hire vessel permit, license or registration requirements;
(7) Holds a commercial fishing license or permit issued by NMFS or a state and is lawfully fishing or in possession of fish taken under the terms and conditions of such license or permit;
(8) Holds an HMS Angling permit under 50 CFR 635.4(c) or a MHI Non-commercial Bottomfish permit under 50 CFR 665.203(a)(2);
(9) Holds a subsistence fishing license or permit issued by NMFS or a state and is lawfully fishing or in possession of fish taken under the terms and conditions of such license or permit; or
(10) Is angling or spearfishing for, or operating a for-hire fishing vessel that engages in fishing for, anadromous species or Continental Shelf fishery resources, in waters under the control of a foreign nation.
(c) Any angler or spear fisher or operator of a for-hire vessel must, on request of an authorized officer, produce the NMFS registration number and certificate or evidence that such person or for-hire vessel operator is exempt from the registration requirement pursuant to § 600.1405(b)(2) through § 600.1405(b)(10).
Title 50 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.