50 CFR 80.31 - How does an agency certify the number of paid license holders?
(a) A State fish and wildlife agency certifies the number of paid license holders by responding to the Director's annual request for the following information:
(1) The number of people who have paid licenses to hunt in the State during the State-specified certification period (certification period); and
(2) The number of people who have paid licenses to fish in the State during the certification period.
(1) Must certify the information at paragraph (a) of this section in the format that the Director specifies;
(2) Must provide documentation to support the accuracy of this information at the Director's request;
(3) Is responsible for eliminating multiple counting of the same individuals in the information that he or she certifies; and
(4) May use statistical sampling, automated record consolidation, or other techniques approved by the Director for this purpose.
(c) If an agency director uses statistical sampling to eliminate multiple counting of the same individuals, he or she must ensure that the sampling is complete by the earlier of the following:
Title 50 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.