§ 1.613What are the requirements for service of documents?
(a)Filed documents. Any document related to a case under §§ 1.610 through 1.660 must be served at the same time the document is delivered or sent for filing. Copies must be served as follows:
(1) A complete copy of any request for a hearing under § 1.621 must be served on FERC and each license party, using one of the methods of service in paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) A complete copy of any notice of intervention and response under § 1.622 must be:
(i) Served on FERC, the license applicant, any person who has filed a request for hearing under § 1.621, and the Forest Service, using one of the methods of service in paragraph (c) of this section; and
(ii) Sent to any other license party using regular mail.
(3) A complete copy of any other filed document must be served on each party, using one of the methods of service in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b)Documents issued by the Hearing Clerk or ALJ. A complete copy of any notice, order, decision, or other document issued by the Hearing Clerk or the ALJ under §§ 1.610 through 1.660 must be served on each party, using one of the methods of service in paragraph (c) of this section.
(c)Method of service. Service must be accomplished by one of the following methods:
(1) By hand delivery of the document;
(2) By sending the document by express mail or courier service for delivery on the next business day;
(3) By sending the document by facsimile if:
(i) The document is 20 pages or less, including all attachments;
(ii) The sending facsimile machine confirms that the transmission was successful; and
(iii) The document is sent by regular mail on the same day; or
(4) By sending the document, including all attachments, by electronic mail if:
(i) A copy of the document is sent by regular mail on the same day; and
(ii) The party acknowledges receipt of the document by close of the next business day.
(d)Acknowledgment of service. Any party who receives a document under §§ 1.610 through 1.660 by electronic mail must promptly send a reply electronic mail message acknowledging receipt.
(e)Certificate of service. A certificate of service must be attached to each document filed under §§ 1.610 through 1.660. The certificate must be signed by the party's representative and include the following information:
(1) The name, address, and other contact information of each party's representative on whom the document was served;
(2) The means of service, including information indicating compliance with paragraph (c)(3) or (c)(4) of this section, if applicable; and
(3) The date of service.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.