(a) Timing. The ALJ must issue a decision within the shorter of the following time periods:
(1) 30 days after the close of the hearing under § 1.658; or
(2) 90 days after issuance of the referral notice under § 1.625(c), 43 CFR 45.25(c), or CFR 221.25(c).
(b) Content.(1) The decision must contain:
(i) Findings of fact on all disputed issues of material fact;
(ii) Conclusions of law necessary to make the findings of fact (such as rulings on materiality and on the admissibility of evidence); and
(iii) Reasons for the findings and conclusions.
(2) The ALJ may adopt any of the findings of fact proposed by one or more of the parties.
(3) The decision will not contain conclusions as to whether any preliminary condition or prescription should be adopted, modified, or rejected, or whether any proposed alternative should be adopted or rejected.
(c) Service. Promptly after issuing his or her decision, the ALJ must:
(1) Serve the decision on each party to the hearing; and
(2) Forward a copy of the decision to FERC, along with the complete hearing record, for inclusion in the license proceeding record.
(d) Finality. The ALJ's decision under this section will be final, with respect to the disputed issues of material fact, for any Department involved in the hearing. To the extent the ALJ's decision forms the basis for any condition or prescription subsequently included in the license, it may be subject to judicial review under 16 U.S.C. 825l (b).
Title 7 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.