Producer milk means the skim milk (or the skim equivalent of components of skim milk) and butterfat contained in milk of a producer that is:
(a) Received by the operator of a pool plant directly from a producer or a handler described in § 1000.9(c). All milk received pursuant to this paragraph shall be priced at the location of the plant where it is first physically received;
(b) Received by a handler described in § 1000.9(c) in excess of the quantity delivered to pool plants;
(c) Diverted by a pool plant operator to another pool plant. Milk so diverted shall be priced at the location of the plant to which diverted; or
(1) In any month, not less than 10 days' production of the producer whose milk is diverted is physically received at a pool plant during the month;
(2) The total quantity of milk so diverted during the month by a cooperative association shall not exceed 20 percent during the months of July through November, 25 percent during the months of December through February, and 40 percent during all other months, of the producer milk that the cooperative association caused to be delivered to, and physically received at, pool plants during the month;
(3) The operator of a pool plant that is not a cooperative association may divert any milk that is not under the control of a cooperative association that diverts milk during the month pursuant to paragraph (d) of this section. The total quantity of milk so diverted during the month shall not exceed 20 percent during the months of July through November, 25 percent during the months of December through February, and 40 percent during all other months, of the producer milk physically received at such plant (or such unit of plants in the case of plants that pool as a unit pursuant to § 1006.7(d)) during the month, excluding the quantity of producer milk received from a handler described in § 1000.9(c);
(5) Diverted milk shall be priced at the location of the plant to which diverted; and
(6) The delivery day requirements and the diversion percentages in paragraphs (d) (1) through (3) of this section may be increased or decreased by the market administrator if the market administrator finds that such revision is necessary to assure orderly marketing and efficient handling of milk in the marketing area. Before making such a finding, the market administrator shall investigate the need for the revision either on the market administrator's own initiative or at the request of interested persons. If the investigation shows that a revision might be appropriate, the market administrator shall issue a notice stating that the revision is being considered and inviting written data, views, and arguments. Any decision to revise an applicable percentage must be issued in writing at least one day before the effective date.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.