7 CFR 110.6 - Federal cooperation with States.
(a) For the purpose of carrying out this part, the Administrator may enter into agreements with States.
(b) The Administrator may, after entering a State-Federal cooperative agreement with a State, utilize employees and facilities of the State to carry out any provisions of this part in that State. This State-Federal cooperative agreement shall specify:
(2) The responsibilities of State agencies for the enforcement of this part and the imposition of penalties under this part;
(3) The qualifications required of the State employees administering and enforcing this part;
(4) That the State-Federal cooperative agreement may be terminated at any time by the mutual agreement of the parties to the agreement;
(5) That the State-Federal cooperative agreement may be terminated by either party by giving written notice to the other party at least 90 days before a specified date of termination; and
(6) The provisions for liaison between the State and the Administrator concerning the administration and enforcement of this part as may be agreed by the Administrator and the State.
(c) If at any time the Administrator shall determine that the State lead agency or other State agencies charged with carrying out the terms of the State-Federal cooperative agreement are unable or unwilling to carry out the terms of the agreement, or, if for any reason the Administrator or State shall determine that the agreement is no longer in effect, the Administrator shall administer and enforce this part in the State.
(d) If a State shall notify the Administrator of its readiness to enter into a State-Federal cooperative agreement prior to passage of State legislation and regulations governing recordkeeping by certified applicators of restricted use pesticides, the Administrator may enter into a State-Federal cooperative agreement with the State on an annual basis.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.