7 CFR 1126.73 - Payments to producers and to cooperative associations.
(a) Each handler shall pay each producer for producer milk for which payment is not made to a cooperative association pursuant to paragraph (b) of this section, as follows:
(1) Partial payment. For each producer who has not discontinued shipments as of the 23rd day of the month, payment shall be made so that it is received by the producer on or before the 26th day of the month (except as provided in § 1000.90) for milk received during the first 15 days of the month at not less than the lowest announced class price for the preceding month, less proper deductions authorized in writing by the producer.
(2) Final payment. For milk received during the month, payment shall be made so that it is received by each producer no later than the 18th day after the end of the month (except as provided in § 1000.90) in an amount computed as follows:
(i) Multiply the hundredweight of producer milk received times the producer price differential for the month as adjusted pursuant to § 1126.75;
(vi) Add the amounts computed in paragraphs (a)(2)(i) through (v) of this section, and from that sum:
(B) Subtract the deduction for marketing services pursuant to § 1000.86;
(C) Add or subtract for errors made in previous payments to the producer subject to approval by the market administrator; and
(b) On or before the day prior to the dates specified for partial and final payments pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section (except as provided in § 1000.90), each handler shall pay a cooperative association for milk received as follows:
(1) Partial payment to a cooperative association for bulk milk received directly from producers' farms. For bulk milk (including the milk of producers who are not members of such association and who the market administrator determines have authorized the cooperative association to collect payment for their milk) received during the first 15 days of the month from a cooperative association in any capacity, except as the operator of a pool plant, the payment shall be equal to the hundredweight of milk received multiplied by the lowest announced class price for the preceding month.
(2) Partial payment to a cooperative association for milk transferred from its pool plant. For bulk milk/skimmed milk products received during the first 15 days of the month from a cooperative association in its capacity as the operator of a pool plant, the partial payment shall be at the pool plant operator's estimated use value of the milk using the most recent class prices available at the receiving plant's location.
(3) Final payment to a cooperative association for milk transferred from its pool plant. Following the classification of bulk fluid milk products and bulk fluid cream products received during the month from a cooperative association in its capacity as the operator of a pool plant, the final payment for such receipts shall be determined as follows:
(i) The hundredweight of Class I skim milk times the Class I skim milk price for the month plus the pounds of Class I butterfat times the Class I butterfat price for the month. The Class I prices to be used shall be the prices effective at the location of the receiving plant;
(viii) The hundredweight of Class II, Class III, and Class IV milk times the somatic cell adjustment; and
(ix) Add together the amounts computed in paragraphs (b)(3)(i) through (viii) of this section and from that sum deduct any payments made pursuant to paragraph (b)(2) of this section.
(4) Final payment to a cooperative association for bulk milk received directly from producers' farms. For bulk milk received from a cooperative association during the month, including the milk of producers who are not members of such association and who the market administrator determines have authorized the cooperative association to collect payment for their milk, the final payment for such milk shall be an amount equal to the sum of the individual payments otherwise payable for such milk pursuant to paragraph (a)(2) of this section.
(c) If a handler has not received full payment from the market administrator pursuant to § 1126.72 by the payment date specified in paragraph (a) or (b) of this section, the handler may reduce pro rata its payments to producers or to cooperative associations pursuant to paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, but by not more than the amount of the underpayment. The payments shall be completed on the next scheduled payment date after receipt of the balance due from the market administrator.
(d) If a handler claims that a required payment to a producer cannot be made because the producer is deceased or cannot be located, or because the cooperative association or its lawful successor or assignee is no longer in existence, the payment shall be made to the producer-settlement fund, and in the event that the handler subsequently locates and pays the producer or a lawful claimant, or in the event that the handler no longer exists and a lawful claim is later established, the market administrator shall make the required payment from the producer-settlement fund to the handler or to the lawful claimant as the case may be.
(e) In making payments to producers pursuant to this section, each pool plant operator shall furnish each producer, except a producer whose milk was received from a cooperative association handler described in § 1000.9(a) or (c), a supporting statement in a form that may be retained by the recipient which shall show:
(1) The name, address, Grade A identifier assigned by a duly constituted regulatory agency, and the payroll number of the producer;
(2) The month and dates that milk was received from the producer, including the daily and total pounds of milk received;
(5) The minimum rate or rates at which payment to the producer is required pursuant to the order in this part;
(7) The amount, or rate per hundredweight, or rate per pound of component, and the nature of each deduction claimed by the handler; and
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.