7 CFR 1421.401 - DMA responsibilities.
(a) DMAs are eligible to process the marketing loans and loan deficiency payments provided for in this part only for peanut producers and only if the DMA and the producers and peanuts meet all eligibility criteria set out in this part, including, but not limited to, the DMA eligibility provisions of this subpart. In carrying out those functions, DMAs must:
(2) Determine whether producers and the commodity are eligible for MALs and LDPs, including whether the otherwise eligible peanuts are free and clear of all liens which DMAs shall determine by performing lien searches at DMAs expense;
(3) Instruct the holder of EWRs, if applicable, to notify the EWR provider to amend the EWR to show CCC is the holder;
(1) Become knowledgeable of and follow the procedures in CCC and FSA peanut program regulations, applicable notices published in the Federal Register, applicable FSA peanut program handbooks and amendments thereto, and any applicable notices or instructions issued by FSA and the Agricultural Marketing Service.
(2) Make and service CCC peanut MALs and LDPs, only upon the presenting by producers or their agents of the warehouse receipts, unless otherwise directed by CCC.
(4) Provide sufficient personnel, computer hardware, computer communications systems, and software, as determined necessary by CCC, to administer the peanut MAL and LDP program.
Title 7 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.