§ 205.303Packaged products labeled “100 percent organic” or “organic.”
(a) Agricultural products in packages described in § 205.301(a) and (b) may display, on the principal display panel, information panel, and any other panel of the package and on any labeling or market information concerning the product, the following:
(1) The term, “100 percent organic” or “organic,” as applicable, to modify the name of the product;
(2) For products labeled “organic,” the percentage of organic ingredients in the product; (The size of the percentage statement must not exceed one-half the size of the largest type size on the panel on which the statement is displayed and must appear in its entirety in the same type size, style, and color without highlighting.)
(3) The term, “organic,” to identify the organic ingredients in multiingredient products labeled “100 percent organic”;
(4) The USDA seal; and/or
(5) The seal, logo, or other identifying mark of the certifying agent which certified the production or handling operation producing the finished product and any other certifying agent which certified production or handling operations producing raw organic product or organic ingredients used in the finished product: Provided, That, the handler producing the finished product maintain records, pursuant to this part, verifying organic certification of the operations producing such ingredients, and: Provided further, That, such seals or marks are not individually displayed more prominently than the USDA seal.
(1) For products labeled “organic,” identify each organic ingredient in the ingredient statement with the word, “organic,” or with an asterisk or other reference mark which is defined below the ingredient statement to indicate the ingredient is organically produced. Water or salt included as ingredients cannot be identified as organic.
(2) On the information panel, below the information identifying the handler or distributor of the product and preceded by the statement, “Certified organic by * * *,” or similar phrase, identify the name of the certifying agent that certified the handler of the finished product and may display the business address, Internet address, or telephone number of the certifying agent in such label.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.