§ 271.4Delegations to State agencies for administration.
(a)General delegation. The State agency shall be responsible for the administration of the program within the State, including, but not limited to:
(1) Certification of applicant households;
(2) Issuance, control, and accountability of coupons;
(3) Developing and maintaining complaint procedures;
(4) Developing, conducting, and evaluating training;
(5) Conducting performance reporting reviews;
(6) Keeping records necessary to determine whether the program is being conducted in compliance with these regulations; and
(7) Submitting accurate and timely financial and program reports.
(b)Claims delegation. FNS delegates to the State agency, subject to the standards in § 273.18, the authority to determine the amount of, and settle, adjust, compromise or deny all or part of any claim which results from fraudulent or nonfraudulent overissuances to participating households.
[Amdt. 132, 43 FR 47882, Oct. 17, 1978, as amended by Amdt. 207, 47 FR 52333, Nov. 19, 1982]
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.