(a) In general.(1) The regulations in this part prescribe standards and procedures for use by USDA agencies in the collection, compromise, suspension, or termination of debts owed to the United States.
(2) The regulations in this part apply to all debts of the United States subject to collection by USDA agencies, except as otherwise specified in this part or by statute.
(3) The regulations in this part do not preclude the Secretary from collection, compromise, suspension, or termination of debts as otherwise authorized by law. In such cases the laws and implementing regulations that are specifically applicable to claims collection activities of a particular agency generally shall take precedence over this part.
(b) Agency specific regulations.(1) The regulations of this part shall apply to the Commodity Credit Corporation to the extent specified in 7 CFR part 1403.
(2) USDA agencies may issue regulations to supplement this part in order to meet the specific requirements of individual programs.
(c) Inapplicability. The regulations of this part shall not apply to:
(1) Collection of debts owed government travel card contractors by USDA employees;
(2) Collection of debts owed by individual Food Stamp Program recipients for whom debt collection procedures are provided under 7 CFR 273.18.
Title 7 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.