(a) In accordance with guidelines established by the Manager, FCIC, the Comptroller who is responsible for disclosure of information with respect to delinquent debts to a credit reporting agency shall send written notice to the delinquent debtors that FCIC intends to disclose credit information to a credit reporting agency on a regular basis. In addition, delinquent debtors are to be informed:
(1) Of the basis for the indebtedness;
(2) That the payment is overdue;
(3) That FCIC intends to disclose to a credit reporting agency that the debtor is responsible for the debt and with respect to an individual, that such disclosure shall be made not less than 60 days after notification to such debtor;
(4) Of the specific information intended to be disclosed to the credit reporting agency;
(5) Of the rights of such debtor to a full explanation of the claim and to dispute any information in the system of records of FCIC concerning the claim;
(6) Of the debtor's right to administrative appeal or review with respect to the claim and how such review shall be obtained; and
(7) Of the date after which the information will be reported to the credit reporting agency.
(b) The content and standards for demand letters and notices sent under this section shall be consistent with the Federal Claims Collection Standards at 4 CFR 102.2.
Title 7 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.