(a) The policyholder or applicant for crop insurance must provide a correct SSN or EIN to FCIC or the insurance provider to be eligible for insurance. The SSN or EIN will be used by FCIC and the insurance provider in:
(1) Determining the correct parties to the agreement or contract;
(2) Collecting premiums or other amounts due FCIC or the insurance provider;
(3) Determining the amount of indemnities;
(4) Establishing actuarial data on an individual policyholder basis; and
(5) Determining eligibility for crop insurance program participation or other United States Department of Agriculture benefits.
(b) If the policyholder or applicant for crop insurance does not provide the correct SSN or EIN on the application and other forms where such SSN or EIN is required, FCIC or the reinsured company shall reject the application.
(c) The policyholder or applicant is required to provide to FCIC or the insurance provider, the name and SSN or EIN of any individual or other entity:
(1) holding or acquiring a substantial beneficial interest in such policyholder or applicant; or
(2) having any interest in the policyholder or applicant and receiving separate benefits under another United States Department of Agriculture program as a direct result of such interest.
(d) If a policyholder or applicant is using an EIN for a policy in an individual person's name, the SSN of the policyholder or applicant must also be provided.