7 CFR 623.4 - Eligible land.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, land is eligible for enrollment in the EWRP only if NRCS determines that the land:
(2) If restored to productive condition, would have a fair market value that is less than the estimated costs of restoring the land to productive condition and repairing related floodwater control systems;
(4) Is wetland farmed under natural conditions, a farmed wetland or prior converted wetland, or substantially altered lands which are cropland; or
(5) Is wetland that has been restored on the land under a CRP contract, or under a Federal or State wetland restoration program with an easement for a period of less than 30 years.
(1) Be determined by ASCS to have been annually planted or considered planted to an agricultural commodity in at least 1 of the 5 previous crop years; or
(2) Be land under a CRP contract, in which case, the land need only to have been planted to an agricultural commodity during 2 of the 1981 through 1985 crop years.
(c) Other lands may be considered eligible if the inclusion of such lands in the EWRP easement would significantly add to the functions and values of the wetlands to be restored under this part, as determined by NRCS.
(d) The criteria and procedures contained in 7 CFR part 12 will be used to identify wetlands, converted wetlands, and farmed wetlands.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.