§ 800.129Certificating reinspection and review of weighing results.
(a)General. Except as provided in paragraph (a)(1) of this paragraph, official certificates shall be issued according to § 800.160 and the instructions. Except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, only the result of the reinspection service shall be reported.
(1)Results of material portion sublots. When results of a reinspection on a material portion do not detect a material error, they shall be averaged with the original inspection results. For purposes of this section, a material error is defined as results differing by more than two standard deviations. The averaged inspection results shall replace the original inspection results recorded on the official inspection log. Reinspection results shall replace the original inspection results recorded on the official inspection log if a material error is detected. No certificates will be issued unless requested by the applicant or deemed necessary by official personnel.
(2)Reporting review of weighing results. When the review of weighing service results indicate that the original weighing results were correct, the applicant will be notified in writing. When the original weighing service results are incorrect, a corrected weight certificate or, if applicable, a corrected combination inspection and Class X weight certificate will be issued according to the provisions of § 800.165.
(b)Required statements on reinspection certificates. Each reinspection certificate shall show the statements required by this section, § 800.161, and applicable instructions.
(1) Each reinspection certificate must clearly show (i) the term “Reinspection” and (ii) a statement identifying the superseded certificate. The superseded certificate will be considered null and void as of the date of the reinspection certificate.
(2) When official grade or official factors, Class X weighing results, and official criteria are reported on the same certificate, the reinspection certificate shall show a statement indicating that the reinspection results are based on official grade, or official factors, or official criteria and that all other results are those of the original service.
(3) If the superseded certificate is in the custody of the agency or field office, the superseded certificate shall be marked “Void.” If the superseded certificate is not in the custody of the agency or field office at the time the reinspection certificate is issued, a statement indicating that the superseded certificate has not been surrendered shall be shown on the reinspection certificate.
(4) As of the date of issuance of the official certificate, the superseded certificate for the original service will be void and shall not be used to represent the grain.
(5) When certificates are issued under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, the reinspection certificate shall show a statement indicating that the results replaced the original results and that the reinspection certificate is not valid for trading purposes.
[50 FR 45394, Oct. 31, 1985, as amended at 55 FR 24048, June 13, 1990]
Title 7 published on 2013-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.